We understand that some clients may wish to learn in the familiar surroundings of their own boat. Our instructors are happy to teach in an, own boat enviroment, anything from a full RYA course to maybe just a day’s instruction on topics of your choice.
Instruction can be arranged at any time that is suitable for the client for a minimum of one day.
Cost: £300 per day for 2 people. £55 per day for each additional crew member.
There will be an extra charge to cover the instructor’s travel and the client will be responsible for feeding the instructor throughout the training.
All running costs associated with the running of the boat will be borne by the owner.
A list of basic equipment that the owner should ensure is on the vessel is as follows:
- Bilge pump (manual as well as electric)
- Radar reflector
- Flares for the waters in which you will use your boat
- Fire extinguishers and fire blanket
- Lifejackets (with harness) plus safety strops
- Horse shoe buoy(s) with light
- Dan buoy
- Man overboard recovery equipment
- VHF Radio
- Navigational equipment (Almanac, charts, plotter, dividers and GPS)
- First Aid kit
- Mooring warps and fenders
- Sufficient fuel + 25%
- Tool kit
- Depth and speed instruments
- Engine spares – fuel/oil filters, drive belt, impeller spare oil etc.