The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is Only £89 !!!
The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring online navigation course for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving – or pretty much anything else on the water!
This online course will give you the essential knowledge needed when you’re afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken anytime, anywhere and at your own speed. All you need is a computer and the internet.
Top 10 reasons to take this online navigation course:
- Flexibility – anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
- Suitable for all – new crews through to budding skippers
- Safety Essentials – all the essential knowledge for going afloat
- Simplicity – easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
- Supporting your knowledge – an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
- Complements other courses – a great starting point before more advanced courses
- Real skills – use real skills alongside online technology
- Best advice – written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
- Learn it, try it, test it – practice what you’ve learnt before taking the test
- Be part of it – the RYA’s 1st fully interactive online course
Accessing the course
Accessing this online navigation course is simple! – Click below, purchase the course and we will provide you with a unique login for the Essential Navigation and Seamanship course. You then log on to the course and enter the login we have supplied you when you purchased the course and you are up and running!
We will also send out the online navigation course course pack with training charts and course handbook to help you get hands on experience.
RYA Online Essential Navigation and Seamanship course price: £89
To pay by Online Banking click here
In addition to the online navigation course, your £89 buys you a Course Pack which includes 2 Training charts, a handbook, a plotter, a pair of dividers, course exercises and Email and Phone assistance by qualified instructors.
Postage outside of the UK will be charged as an extra at cost.Course Technical requirements
A PC, Mac or tablet with internet access.
However you decide to take the course, it offers a great introduction to navigation and safety awareness for new or inexperienced skippers and crew, and those wanting to refresh their skills. In fact it’s for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving, and works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as the Powerboat Level 2, Start Yachting and Helmsman courses.
It’s a highly informative course with lots of opportunities for you to put your new found knowledge into practice. When you take the course online, you will find many interactive exercises to help reinforce the information and lots of chances to try out what you’ve learned.
Course topics include:
- Charts and Publications
- Engine checks
- Tidal awareness
- Visual and electronic navigation
- Rules of the road
- Weather forecasts
- Passage planning
This is the book where you can keep all your RYA certificates and record all the passages that will count towards your next RYA course/exam.
This new book also provides detailed information about the structure, content and what to expect of the practical and shorebased courses for both sail and motor cruising with the RYA Yachtmaster Scheme.
£6.49 + £1.40 postage