The online PPR course (Professional Practices and Responsibilities) is designed for new RYA Commercial Endorsement holders.
The online RYA PPR course costs £37.00 in total and there is no VAT added.
Each year around 4,500 people apply to the RYA for a commercial endorsement in order to use their RYA qualifications professionally as skipper or crew. From April 2012 anyone wishing to apply for the endorsement must complete the Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR) course online first. This applies to the following certificates:
- Yachtmaster Ocean
- Yachtmaster Offshore
- Yachtmaster Coastal
- Day Skipper practical (tidal)
- Day Skipper practical (non-tidal) supported by Day Skipper shorebased
- Advanced Powerboat Course Completion Certificate (only if issued before 1st Jan 2005)
- Powerboat Advanced Certificate of Competence
- Powerboat level 2
During the PPR course you will cover the legal framework that commercial operators need to adhere to, whichever vessel they work on. While we can’t teach the specific rules for every type of operation, this online PPR course will help you understand and execute your duty of care, and give you principles, guidance and techniques to help make the right choices and decisions.
THE COURSE IS SPLIT INTO 4 SECTIONS
- Commercial enviroment – showing how you fit into the professional maritime world
- People – explaining the importance of correct manning, keeping skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels
- Vessel – teaching about the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment, and how to create an implement risk control and operating procedures
- Purpose – making sure the vessel is suitable and legal for the work, obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness
At the end of these four training modules will come two online assessments.
How to take the PPR course
Click your preferred payment method below and make your purchase, and we will provide you with your log in details for the PPR course. You then log on to the course and that’s it, you are up and running!
The online PPR course costs £37.00 in total and there is no VAT added.PPR course technical requirements
- iPad (iOS 6 or above)
- Android Tablet on OS 4.1 or above (we advise using Google Chrome NOT default Android browser)
– Please note, we cannot guarantee the course will work on all Android Tablets as the variety on the market is so vast, but our testing so far has been successful. Please let us know if you come across any problems